Technical water is more pure than normal potable water (< 15 ppm) with different areas of application, like cleaning of chemical tanks as one example. The production of technical water is solved by a 2nd stage of membranes and the use of outlet water from 1st stage as inlet water to 2nd stage of membrane filtration. Norwater clients have included this product as part of a cost reduction program.
- Efficiency of latest design main engines
- Environmental legislations (sulphur content in fuel)
- Cost efficient tank cleaning (e.g: chemical carriers, special bulk cargo)
- Increased availability and quality of freshwater
- Increased flexibility and readiness of ships in spot trade